Selenotypus sp. 2 (Selenotypus sp.)
Selenotypus sp, also known as the Australian Featherleg Tarantula among other common names is Tarantula species that inhabits much of inland North Queensland. Despite having a smaller leg span, Selenotypus generally tend to be a much heavier set than Phlogius. They are known for their beautiful varying colours of orange and red-browns.
The sp. 2 localities come from the northern group of Selenotypus. It is found across the Atherton Tablelands of far north Queensland and can reach a maximum adult size of around 140mm with an average of 120mm for females. They are very long-lived and can live to 20 years.
- Mildly venomous, can inflict a painful bite
- Feeds on live insects, crickets are recommended
- Requires moist substrate to dwell in
- Can climb smooth surfaces
- Listed sizes are approximate
- Can live up to 20 years
- Residents of Queensland must hold a Native Animal Keepers License