Selenotypus sp. Wallace (Selenotypus sp.)
Selenotypus sp, also known as the Australian Featherleg Tarantula among other common names is Tarantula species that inhabits much of inland North Queensland. Despite having a smaller leg span, Selenotypus generally tend to be a much heavier set than Phlogius. They are known for their beautiful varying colours of orange and red-browns.
- Mildly venomous, can inflict a painful bite
- Feeds on live insects, crickets are recommended
- Requires moist substrate to dwell in
- Can climb smooth surfaces
- Listed sizes are approximate
- Can live up to 20 years