Black Rock Scorpion (Urodacus manicatus)
The Black Rock Scorpion is a large species of scorpion found across the eastern coast of Australia. This species typically grows to an adult size of 60mm body length. In the wild, this species is a scrape dweller, living amongst debris such as rocks and leaf litter. This species is relatively docile and can be handled, although this is never recommended and should ideally be avoided.
- Mildly venomous, can inflict a painful sting
- Feeds on live insects, crickets are recommended
- Requires partially moist substrate to dwell in
- Cannot climb smooth surfaces
- Listed sizes are approximate